Set the start screen
When do I need this?
- You're kind of tired of always clicking the same button every time you start an app
- You've made a Netflix app for you Mac, and you want it to always start in the Horror section
- You want your Gmail mac app to always start in the Sent emails view (if you do, please tell us why)
How to do it
- Open the app you want to change
- Navigate to the view you want it to start on from now on
- Open Preferences and tick Always launch on this page
What it looks like
Here's an example where we're telling the Netflix app to always start in the Horror section. Note that we didn't have to type anything, we just navigated to the horror section, opened Preferences and ticked the launch box.
Good to know
You can always disable the start page by removing that tick mark.